Blue Trail Engineering’s SER-120X is the ultimate underwater servo for small robotic applications. Unlike any other servo in its class, it can be programmed to provide up to 7 turns of rotation with position control or continuous rotation with speed control. The SER-120X features a brushless motor and magnetic encoder, eliminating the most common causes of servo failure. Ideal for Autonomous Surface Vehicles as well as Remotely Operated Vehicles, the SER-120X provides reliable, long-term actuation at depths up to 100 meters.
The SER-120X is based on the Hitec HSR-M9382TH digital servo. Blue Trail integrates a modified HSR-M9382TH into a corrosion-resistant, depth-rated Delrin® housing with a ball-bearing-supported titanium output shaft and nitrile quad-ring shaft seal.
- Submersible up to 100 meters
- Programmable up to 7 turns of rotation or continuous rotation*
- Brushless motor
- Magnetic encoder
- Compact size
- Low power draw
- Engineered for months of exposure in seawater or fresh water
- Corrosion-resistant titanium output shaft, Delrin® enclosure
- Standard R/C PWM interface
- Servo arms included
- Square output shaft for easy integration
The SER-120X utilizes the compact and reliable Cobalt 3-pin dry-mate bulkhead connector, compatible with Cobalt Series cables from Blue Trail Engineering. Custom connection options are also available.
* By default, this servo travels approximately 1/2 turn. If you require increased travel or any other changes to the servo’s programmable parameters, we will happily program the servo per your specifications for free. Simply email us after placing your order. Alternatively, you may use a DPC-11 programmer with the BLDC_HSR User interface_Ver 3.1 software (download here).
|Depth Rating||100 meters|
|Operating Temperature||-10° C to +50° C|
|Torque||34.0 kg-cm / 470 oz-in|
|Speed||0.17s/60deg. @ 6.0 V
0.14s/60deg. @ 7.4 V
|Travel Angle||up to 7 turns|
|Operating Voltage||6.0 V – 7.4 V|
|Idle Current||0.03 A|
|No-load Current||0.25 A|
|Stall Current||2.7 A|
|Feedback Type||magnetic encoder|
|Dimensions||56 mm X 82 mm X 29 mm|
|Weight in air||180 grams|
|Weight in water||65 grams|
|Connectior||Blue Trail Cobalt bulkhead|
|PWM Range||800µs – 2100µs|
|PWM Voltage Range||3 – 5 V|